sequencing gels

Shahram Mori smori at nmsu.edu
Tue Nov 21 23:13:58 EST 1995

o.   van-ham (ovanham at julian.uwo.ca) wrote:

: I had a similar prooblem some time ago.  It drove me nuts; I'd have a
: beautiful gel that would fall apart when I'd separate the plates.  The
: problem turned out to be that I wasn't letting the gel sit long enough
: after pouring.  I would pour the gel first thing in the morning, and run
: the gel early afternoon.  If you're not already doing so, I'd recommend
: pouring the gel at the end of the day, and running the gel in the
: morning.  This seems to give the gel enough time to adhere properly to
: the bind-silane coated plate.  Good luck.

I don't think this is the problem. I have run my sqcing gels even 3hrs after
I poured them. The problem might lie in:

1) Unclean plates.
2) not treating one of the plates.
3) Cheap Whatman 3MM paper.
Cheers