does DNA contain proteins

Shahram Mori smori at nmsu.edu
Fri Nov 24 23:34:42 EST 1995

GarethJenkins wrote:
: Does anyone know if the use of a high salt extraction kit
: increases the salt concentration of your DNA. I am thinking that a phenol
: extraction will strip more proteins off DNA, am I right?
: Gareth

I would agree with Phenol/chloroform. That's what I do and my 260:280 is
usually 2 to 1. Try both and do a Spec on them and see which has a higher
ration; pick that one.
Cheers
--
				_/\_