GIBCO M-MLv RT

Shahram Mori smori at nmsu.edu
Sat Nov 25 22:48:12 EST 1995

hfakhour (hfakhour at fs1.ho.man.ac.uk) wrote:

: Hi !

: We recently changed from using a kit for reverse transcription into using GIBCO
: M-MLv reverse transcriptase. We have been trying to sort out a protocol for
: that, but so far no success.  The primers we use are random hexamers, our
: starting material is  total RNA (1-2 ug), we do not use any labelled dNTP. The
: resulting cDNA is used for PCR. Could anyone please suggest a succesful
: protocol.

: Thanking you in advance

: Hannah

Try their SuperScript II enzyme. I have had fairly good luck with.

Has anybody else had consistency problems with RT's from GIBCO? Do different
batches work differently for you????
Cheers
--
				_/\_