Altered Sites II

Don Haut c601591 at mizzou1.missouri.edu
Sun Nov 26 11:21:59 EST 1995

I am having considerable trouble with the Altered Sites II system from
Promega.  My problems are centered around the R408 helper phage.  ALL of
the colonies that I get after using the system are contaminated with the
R408 helper phage and it is impossible for me to use any of my mutants.
When I try to grow up the colonies for sequencing or cloning I get an over
growth of R408 which makes the plasmid produce ssDNA instead of clonable
DNA.  I was wondering if anyone else had experience with this kit and if
so have you had any problems with it.

Thanks in advance,

Don

Don Haut