SYBR Green I Dye for agarose gel eletroph. of DNA?

Alejandro Palacios F. japalaci at cariari.ucr.ac.cr
Sat Nov 25 17:04:06 EST 1995

Hi bionetter,

  I am using a dye named SYBR Green I with no good results.
  I have heard that this dye make a better contrast in the UV light and
then better sensitivity in nucleic acids agarose gel electroforresis  but
a have amorphus (abnormal morphology) of the bands.
  I do the electroforetic run at:  100volt/300mA/50W and 1.2 Sigma
agarose for a PCR product of 207 bp.  Using TBE 0.5X
  I use 1.5 microliter of green per 100ml of agarose

This conditions have work for a long time using Etidium bromide but not
with this dye.
The test using higher quantitiest increase the problem

       am I using the wrong buffer for this dye?

Thanks is advance for your sugestions,