"biotech" science fair project ideas?

Edward Wang ez022056 at dale.ucdavis.edu
Sun Nov 26 03:43:28 EST 1995

Brad Fabbri (bjfabb at ccmail.monsanto.com) wrote:
: Hi all,

: I've agreed to help a group of gifted 10th & 11th grade students plan
: and execute science fair projects in a "biotech" area. Coming up with
: project ideas suitable for their level (and the lab resources available
: to them) is proving to be challenging. I wish them to come up with
: their own projects, but at the same time would like to "prime the
: pump". I welcome ideas from the bionet community, especially from those
: who have experience with high school student research. Also, if any one
: knows of a particularly good web site containing science fair
: resources, I'd appreciate knowing about it. You are welcome to reply by
: private email.
: -Thanks!

: ---
: Brad Fabbri, Ph.D. (bjfabb at ccmail.monsanto.com)
:   Disclaimer: Opinions expressed are solely my own and do
:               not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

Perhaps you should let us know what the resources are...I've been
involved in a science "biotech" project sponsored by Genentech back in
high school, and I have to say that was probaby one of the main reasons
I am in the field today, so keep at it!!!  The high school programs need
more people like yourself.
Edward H. Wang                 *
Staff Resch. Assc.             *
Dept. Internal Med. -Nephrology*