transfection

martin LEACH leach at bu.edu
Mon Nov 27 11:08:13 EST 1995

joerg seegert (joerg.seegert at flensburg.netsurf.de) wrote:
: Up to now we got big problems by transient transfection of primary
: macrophages and murine or human macrophage cellines with CAT reporter
: constructs. We are using the DEAE-Dextran method (Current protocols). Is
: anybody able to give hints for increasing the efficiency of transfecting
: these cells?

I believe glycerol or DMSO shocking of the cells increases transfection
efficiency...this works with capo4 method....not sure about dextran
method....take a look in maniatis/sambrook

Martin

.....          Martin Leach                Email:leach at bu.edu
 _/  |-/__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)
                                             head.....WIBBLE"

My homepage: http://155.41.115.114/Leach.html
Biotech Company WWW registry has moved to:
http://www.data-transport.com