BRCA1 cDNA clone?

Amy Voltz avoltz
Mon Nov 27 10:59:06 EST 1995

Dear Jim,
There is information in the Human Genome Data Base (GDB) for 8 different cDNA
clones for the human BRCA1 gene. If you have Netscape, I would suggest
accessing the "Finding Genes in GDB" interface at
Choose "Reagents for Gene Analysis"
Enter "brca1" (no quotes)
choose cDNA clones
The table that will be returned contains 8 clones, choose the highlighted GDB
ID to see detailed information on each. Also, you will see a link to "Contact"
from the "probe detail" - here you will find info. on who you can contact to
get whichever clone you are interested in.

Please contact me if you have any trouble accessing this information or any
further questions.
Amy Voltz
avoltz at

PS There is also a web site devoted to BRCA1 information at  You will need to register as a
user to access the data here.