phospholipids quantification?

Darren Fast fast at biochem.wisc.edu
Mon Nov 27 11:09:06 EST 1995

In article <9511181425.AA29603 at tacape.bf.epm.br>, sang at TACAPE.BF.EPM.BR wrote:

> Hi Netters!
> Anyone knows how can separate and quatify phospholipids from
> erytrocyte membrane lipids using HPLC or any other methods?
>
> Any help is welcome because I need to setup the method urgently.
> Thanks in advance for every neters!
>
> Han

I have used TLC to separate the lipids and then scraped the bands and
quantitated the phosphorous.  This method is good down to approx 5 nmol
Phosphorous.  There are some more sensitive methods available, but they
are much more work.

If you want the protocols, send me your fax number and I'll fax them to you.

Darren

--
Darren Fast
fast at biochem.wisc.edu