SDS-PAGE

Litta Olsen litta.olsen at med.uib.no
Tue Nov 28 02:20:31 EST 1995

Hi-
A couple of possible causes:
1 - Too much air in the solution
2 - TEMED too old
3 - APS not fresh
I use water for overlayering the gel and minigels polymerize in 35-40
minutes with 5 µl TEMED so I do not think that the water is a problem. If
your acrylamide is reacently made up there might be a lot of oxygen in it,
and I would highly recommend degassing. Did you try to make the buffers
over again? Things can always happen. I hope this can help so GOOD LUCK !