Evolution & the 2nd law?

Mon Nov 27 21:50:33 EST 1995

	Folks, in deference to the people here in bionet.molbio.methds-
reagents, this discussion should go elsewhere.  I really think that this
discussion doesn't belong in the bionet hierarchy at all, but I've chosen
the newsgroup bionet.molbio.evolution.  Please respect my followups line,
and we'll continue over there.  If folks object, please send me email.

In article <Pine.SOL.3.91.951122064636.25359A-100000 at darwin.UCSC.EDU>,
Ken Howe <howe at DARWIN.UCSC.EDU> wrote:
>John,
>I agree with your line of thinking, but isn't this a bit biocentric or
>anthropocentric? or at the very least, deterministic?
>Ken

	I don't see what is biocentric, anthropocentric, or deterministic
about my remarks.  Could you clarify what you mean?  And several other
posters have essentially said exactly what I said.

I wrote:

] 	 Locally, life may be observed as a tendency towards order.  But
] universally, life is a catalyst for the process of disorder.  Life merely
] harnesses energy to externalize the disorder that life itself generates.
] Have you been to a garbage dump lately?
]
] >"What does a physicist know anyway?"  ;)
]
] 	Only the half of it, it would seem.

>Does this also imply that molecular biologists, evolutionists and
>geneticists know the full story?

	Why, of course we do.  :^>

--
Unique ID : Ladasky, John Joseph Jr.
Title     : BA Biochemistry, U.C. Berkeley, 1989  (Ph.D. perhaps 1998???)