35S levels in gel buffer

Neil Harris nh3 at st-andrews.ac.uk
Mon Nov 27 05:36:18 EST 1995

After recently having an isotope safety inspection within our department
we have been asked to provide the inspector with details of the amount of
35S dATP that ends up in the gel buffer after a sequencing run. Obviously,
not only will this be unincorporated isotope, but will also depend on the
length of your sequencing run i.e. how much DNA (containing incoporated
radionucleotide) is allowed to run of the bottom of the gel.I wondered if
anyone out there has had to do such an evaluation or can point me to a
good source of imformation.
		Many thanks,

			Neil Harris.

Dr. Neil Harris,