anti p53 antibody

Takehiko Saito tsaito at
Tue Nov 28 00:43:10 EST 1995

In article <199511201745.LAA22017 at>,
nikolaic at VISAR.WUSTL.EDU (Nikolai Chitaev) wrote:

> Never heared about antibodies recognizing super-sturctures.
> As a rule, antibody recognizes primary structures, i.e. amino acid
> sequences. However, there are antibodies sensitive to secondary
> structures i.e. alpha turns, or beta sheets.
> I`d be interested to read about antibodies recognizing domenes
> structures, and/or sensitive to monomer vs. multimer proteins.
> Nikolai

You might want to read review article by Laver et al., (Cell, vol.61.
553-556) to get better understanding of the concept of antibody
recognition (antigenic epitope).
We also recently reported tetramer specific antibody against influenza
virus neuraminidase (not against p53; sorry Dr.Shibata) in J.Vorology
(vol.68. 1790-1796)

Takehiko Saito D.V.M.,Ph.D
Research Assocoate
Faculty of Agriculture, Kobe University  JAPAN