Differential Display

Robert Seymour r.seymour at prospect.anprod.csiro.au
Wed Nov 29 17:57:21 EST 1995

In article <-2711951340000001 at mac6794.salk.edu>, @ wrote:
>I have been doing differential display reactions and get good gels and
can
>even amplify the bands out of the gel , But when I do northerns with
these
>reamplified bands there isn't any signal at all on the blots. I know
my
>RNA is fine and the transfer is fine too. Can't figure out what the
>problem is.
>Any help would be really appreciated.
>Thanks,
>Aardraa Potnis
>apotnis at aim.salk.edu

Dear Aardraa

There is a review article in the October edition of Current Opinion in
Biotechnology on differential display.  It may give you some clues on
why you can't detect any message on a northern.  The main point of the
article appears to be that differential display is not all its cut out
to be, having a large number of difficulties.  The complete reference
is "Christine Debouck: Differential display or differential dismay.
Current Opinion in Biotechnology 1995  Vol 6(5) pp597-599"

best of luck
Robert