Inverse PCR (or alternative) recommendations requested

Bernard Murray bernard at
Wed Nov 29 16:01:19 EST 1995

Hello all,
	I am considering using inverse PCR to attempt to locate transgenes
in the mouse genome.  Before starting I thought I would pick your
collective brains on the topic.  Is this the technique of choice or has
it been superceded?  Can you use long range PCR to extend well into
the flanks?  What's the longest fragment that has been amplified?.  Can
conventionally purified genomic DNA be used or do special precautions
have to be taken?
	I have read two book chapters and several original articles
on the subject but was wondering how things work out at the practical
level.  Any advice/warnings/pointers gratefully received.

Bernard Murray, Ph.D.
bernard at  (National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda MD, USA)