Digital photos

Alex Borovkov borovkov at plains.nodak.edu
Wed Nov 29 14:29:15 EST 1995

We are trying to set up a digital photo-room for the department use
without spending a fortune. We are thinking to use one of the old 286-386
PCs, load a software and hook up a digital camera. In order to do
so we would like to know.
1. What camera to buy (color, resolution, price)
2. What will be a good choice of lenses to work with gels, X-ray
films, plant tissue, tissue culture samples etc.
3. What is a good software, where to get it and how much is it.
4. How much RAM, video memory and hard drive space we will need to run
the program.
Any help and advance will be greatly appreciated.

Dr. Alex Borovkov,               |   tel:    (701) 231 8051
Plant Pathology Dept.,           |   FAX:    (701) 231 7851
North Dakota State University    | Internet: borovkov at plains.nodak.edu