CAPO4 transfections

martin LEACH leach at
Wed Nov 29 13:40:06 EST 1995

The state of confluency also greatly affects will get
lower results as the cells increase in confluency..and will be almost zero
activity if you transfect into confluent cells....

Are you splitting the cells prior to transfection and replating them (at what
confluency...cell count?

Soeren Jensby Nielsen (sjn at wrote:
: Hi netters

: We have encountered a problem during our transient transfections of HeLa
: cells. The problem is that we only get measureable expression within
: 2 weeks of thawing a new batch of cells. The problem is not due to low
: expression levels from our promoter as it is very strong whenever we use
: freshly thawed cells. Instead we suspect that our transfections only
: work withfresh cells. As it is a pain to freeze and thaw and grow cells all
: the time we welcome any suggestions.

: cheers, soeren

.....          Martin Leach                Email:leach at
 _/  |-/__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)

My homepage:
Biotech company WWW REgistry has moved to:
Check out the Biotech Rumor mill: