ABI Seq. Analysis Software

Andy Law Andy.Law at bbsrc.ac.uk
Wed Nov 29 12:49:22 EST 1995

In article <49hn4k$k04 at sun4.bham.ac.uk>, altabios at bham.ac.uk (John E. Fox)
wrote:

 >  In article <uc4dna-2711950719060001 at 129.137.112.198>,
uc4dna at UCBEH.SAN.UC.EDU (DNA synthesis core) says:
 >  >
 >  >In article <48t9f3$7gi at swen.emba.uvm.edu>, rfialho at moose.uvm.edu (Rob
 >  >Fialho) wrote:
 >  >
 >  >> Does anyone have the ABI Sequencing Analysis Software version 2.1.1 that
 >  >> will run on a Power PC??  Thanks,
 >

 >  A slighly different thread!
 >  Does any one have any ideas about speeding up printing.
 >  We run a Power Mac and an HP1200C printer for our analysis software
 >  version 2.1.1.
 >  It takes for ever to print the charts.
 >  The Mac has 16Mb and the printer has now got 8Mb so it shouldn't
 >  be a memory problem.
 >
 >  Any hints would be appreciated.

There were problems with system 7.5.2 (the PCI powerMacs) printing to HP
printers, but I thought that was a complete inability to print, not a
slowness problem. Have you got the printing fix from Apple? BTW, 16MB for
a powermac isn't _that_ great.

Andy Law