Help for site-directed mutagenesis

fei wang dcrcfei at SHOWME.MISSOURI.EDU
Thu Nov 30 16:18:07 EST 1995

Hi netters:

IÕve just started to perform site-directed mutagenesis. Could

I use the pBluescript(pBS) phagemid and CJ236 bacterial

strain with VCSM13 helper phage to replicate my single-

stranded(ss) pBS DNA? Second question is someone only gives

me a ssDNA pBS phagemid (inserted gene) with dUTP. Could I

replicate this DNA in CJ236 bacteria without uridine and then

replicate it in DH5-alpha bacteria to get my double-

stranded(ds) DNA without dUTP? If it can work, is there any

possible to have mutation sites in the pBS phagmid in this

procedure? Third question is someone gives the protocols of

manipulate the ssDNA with VCSM13 helper phage, but this

protocol does not add any kanamycin in culture process. Does

it work to let me to get ssDNA of pBS phagmid?

I appreciate any advice on this matter.

Yours sincerely,

Tseng-yuan Chang

1995/11/30/14/44min