Tet Inducible Gene Expression

iddavis at vms.cis.pitt.edu iddavis at vms.cis.pitt.edu
Thu Nov 30 11:20:37 EST 1995

In article <ege-2911951505320001 at cancer-ctr-mac-24.mit.edu>, ege at mit.edu (ege)
writes:
> Can you tell me
> how long tet is stable in media at 4 degrees?  How about in H20 at -20
> degrees.  Thanks

I'm not sure.  I always made up a stock and kept it at -70, then added it
freshly thawed each time I did an assay.  Left for more than a few days at
4C I noticed it would change color so I never used it.  In in vitro assays
or maintenance cultures I changed the medium every 3 or 4 days, which seemed
to work.  When giving it to animals, I used oxytetracycline (more water
stable and works just as well), changed water every day, and kept water
bottles wrapped in foil since tet is also light sensitive.  I've never tried
keeping it at -20.

Hope this helps.

Ian.