Agarose-DNA purification

Shahram Mori smori at nmsu.edu
Wed Nov 29 21:27:15 EST 1995

Tim Angelotti (102055.606 at compuserve.com) wrote:
: I have heard about microcentrifuge spin columns that can be used to purify DNA from agarose
: gels.  These are not based on DNA binding matrix in the spin-column but are merely a rapid spin
: that drives the gel solution and DNA out of the matrix.  Does anyone know who sells these or
: how to make your own?

I think what all these kit people claim, is a bunch of lies. The procedures
look WAY too easy to get that good of DNA Yields. DNA. The best method in my
opinion is still the old-fashioned NaI/NaSO4. I tried Millipore's *columns*
and let me tell you that I would have gotten more DNA if I held the agarose
gel between my thumb and my index finger and squeezed!!!!

Cheers.
--
				_/\_
			       _\  /_