RT-PCR vs Northern

Gabriel Romero ez008413 at bullwinkle.ucdavis.edu
Thu Nov 30 14:51:56 EST 1995

I'm about to start gene expression studies at the transcription level but
I have not decided between RT-PCR and Northern analysis as the method to
use.  I only need to have a yes or no answer for expression initially and
then have some idea on the level of expression.  How do the methods
compare in terms of ease/difficulty in running the experiments, and in
terms of amount and quality of information?

Thanks for any advice.

Gabby Romero