cyclophilin

rey garcia rey.garcia at stonebow.otago.ac.nz
Mon Oct 2 01:43:33 EST 1995

Further to my posting 2 days ago, I found an article by Freemark et al
(1995 - Journal of Endocrinology) where they used cyclophilin as an
internal standard in their RT-PCR to compare expression of the prolactin
receptor gene in fetal tissues. Does anyone know if cyclophilin
expression is relatively invariant in both fetal and adult tissues? I'm
only after comparative expression (as opposed to absolute quantitation)
and I want to know if cyclophilin is a good standard to compare
expression of "my" gene in tissues such as fetal ovary, non-pregnant
ovary, fetal testis, adult testis, fetal liver, adult liver, adult
spleen, adult adrenal, adult cerebral cortex, adult kidney and bone
marrow. Also, are there tissues where cyclophilin is not expressed? Any
useful info on cyclophilin expression will be greatly appreciated.
Please e-mail replies to:

rey.garcia at stonebow.otago.ac.nz