cAMP ASSAY

Steve Mcclue Steven_Mcclue-1%notes at sb.com
Mon Oct 2 03:17:42 EST 1995

In article <95269.103127KXB18 at psuvm.psu.edu>, KXB18 at psuvm.psu.edu says...

>I am interested in measuring cAMP but would like to work with a non-radioactive
> assay. Does anyone know of a fluorescent assay or colormetric kit that is avai
>lable commercially? Thanks Kris

I don't know of any commercially available kits that will measure cAMP without using
radioactivity, but you might want to look at a paper describing a fluorometric method for
measuring Adenylyl cyclase activity, which describes a non-radioactive method for detecting
cAMP:

"An Enzymatic Fluorometric Assay for Adenylate Cyclase Activity" Weign P, Dutton J, and Lurie
KG. Analytical Biochemistry, vol 208, pp217-222 (1993)

Steve