Long PCR Questions

Margon Vandongen vando005 at mc.duke.edu
Tue Oct 3 12:38:17 EST 1995

To all PCRers out there:

Read PNAS Vol 91 2216-2220 March 1994, Wayne M Barnes and wonder why you
should not mix your thermostable enzyme of choice with a little Taq
instead of getting expensive kits that probably do the same thing.
We have gotten dramatic results in our PCRs since we did this even for
difficult reactions. Normal ratio in our lab is 1 ul of PFU to 0.2
ul Taq per 50 ul reaction. Do not us too much taq it will introduce
extra A's at the end of some primers. Good luck and no connections etc.
Great paper (no connections here either unfortunately)

Margon