biological grinding spheres???

MDELAVINA at IRRI.CGNET.COM MDELAVINA at IRRI.CGNET.COM
Wed Oct 4 18:27:11 EST 1995

Howdy Everyone!!

I just would like to ask where can we get some specifications about
biological grinding spheres?  I just read about it in an article so I
haven't seen one.  I guess it's spherical. From the article, leaf tissue can
be homogenized by simply placing the tissue in a 50 ml tube, then these
spheres, then pouring in liquid nitrogen and then vortexing it for a full
minute.

Any leads that you can give will be very much appreciated.

Mercedes C. dela Vina
Junior Research Assistant
Molecular Plant Pathology Lab
International Rice Research Institute