Help!!!Gel box cause for RNA degradation???

jfh jfhess at ucdavis.edu
Tue Oct 3 18:28:27 EST 1995

notes,

I've used h2o2 to clean combs and gel trays but don't get to carried away
with the box.  I use formaldehyde in agarose, it should most definitely
kill rnases.  I use depc water for buffer preparation and gel prep but
use tap de-i for making the electrophoresis buffer.  (yes my blots from
lens rna look wonderful.  If you want some fun, try isolating  RNA from
lens!)

You can always buy rna markers and run them to see if your gel running
protocol is responsible for the degradation.

good luck

John Hess, PhD                    Phone me 916 752 8420
Dept of Human Anatomy             FAX me 916 752 8520
University of Calif               Email me jfhess at ucdavis.edu
Davis, CA                         or leave me alone, your choice.