P1 phage/ plasmid query

Stephen Perry bafq5 at central.susx.ac.uk
Wed Oct 4 03:22:15 EST 1995

Dear all,

Sorry but have lost my own message about my problems with a P1 phage
clone, and not wanting to repeat myself, could anyone with advice please
either respond to this message, or email me directly. Briefly, I have a
phage clone which appears to contain too much DNA: 190kb instead of the
usual 90-120kb. It also seems to produce a smear whenver I try to purify
the DNA, I have used a number of methods including CsCl, kits etc.
HELP!!! I'm running out of ideas, so any advice will be gladly accepted.

Thanks in advance

Steve Perry