Anybody getting unsolicited e-mail?

K.G. Korth kkorth at kcc.com
Thu Oct 5 15:19:05 EST 1995

Sprankle at ciit.org (Cathy Sprankle) wrote:
>This past Monday, I got to work, checked my e-mail and was surprised and
>disturbed to find a long message full of racist opinions.  This message
>was not directed to me personally, so I guess I got on someone's mailing
>list.  I deleted the thing in disgust before I thought to check the path;
>I'm fairly new to this Internet stuff.  As this is one of two newsgroups I
>post to, I was wondering if anyone else in this group had gotten a similar
>message.  Does this happen often?  Thanks>

I also got that message on Monday.  Very disturbing and very upsetting.
I have never had a stomach for pseudo-intellectual racists (any racists,
really).  I too only read the first couple of paragraphs and quickly
trashed it to cyberbits.  Like you, I only post to this group and one
other (sci.bio.microbiology).

As far as happening often?... I have only had internet access for about a
year now, and this is the first one I've received. (I hope it's the
last).

I'm not sure how they could have gotten my E-mail address from the
newsgroup though. I get my newsgroups off of a company server through
Netscape, and not through my E-mail.  The only time my E-mail address is
every listed is when I post myself, (which isn't really that often.)

--
K.G.Korth
Kimberly-Clark Corp.
E-mail: kkorth at kcc.com