Antibodies to mitotic cells or other cell cycle phases

Dave Bates dobates at
Fri Oct 6 16:44:17 EST 1995

Does anyone know of a good specific antibody to cells in M phase?
Preferably one that is known to work in amphibians, but any good
antibody would be a start.In addition how about antibodies to G1, G2 or
S either specifically to one phase or to all phases. I have PCNA, which
picks up S phase transitions (or so I've been told!), and Ki67 which
picks up everything. The Ki67 doesn't work too well in my hands in
frogs, and I'd like something that worked better.

Thanks for your help,

Dave Bates
Dave Bates PhD                                     Tel: 916 752-7081
Postdoctoral Researcher                            Fax: 916 758-2554
Dept of Human Physiology                         email:
dobates at
University of California at Davis                drink: anything
Davis, California 95616, USA            No I don't have a sense of
                                                now buy me a beer