Freezer Down - Is Taq still good?

COLINE at rulsfb.LeidenUniv.nl COLINE at rulsfb.LeidenUniv.nl
Tue Oct 10 11:42:36 EST 1995

Our freezer did not went down, but we were all not very carefull with
the Taq, just took it out for half an hour on ice etc. At a certain moment my
PCR (for sequencing) wouldn't work anymore so I started searching
for new concentrations for all the ingredients except the Taq, 'cause
that still worked in a RAPD-PCR of somebody else in the lab. It took me
two months to come to the conclusion that the Taq was really bad,
and indeed with new Taq everything was back to normal; so
the only advice I can give is try the old Taq once and if anything goes
wrong buy new immediately. It's really sensitive.
succes