mini-preps: NOT kits.

Stephen Perry bafq5 at central.susx.ac.uk
Tue Oct 10 06:43:58 EST 1995

Dear All,

May I recommend a simple miniprep protocol which we use in our lab on a
daily basis, which always produces several micrograms of automated DNA
sequence-grade DNA. The protocol is outlined in Saunders and Burke 1990,
NAR 18(16) p4948. I follow this protocol but also carry out a
phenol:chloroform: isoamyl alcohol extraction before the first pptn. I
also RNAse treat the sample before the addition of CsCl, and I leave out
the ethidium bromide, so doing away with the isopropanol extractions.