Cheap Supplier of Carbenicillin ?

Ed MacLaurin av577 at FreeNet.Carleton.CA
Wed Oct 11 11:14:44 EST 1995

  I am having trouble finding a cheap source of the antibiotic carbenicillin
for use in Agrobacterium mediated genetic transformation of plants. Our
current supplier ( Ayerst Pharmaceuticals ) no longer sells it. I can buy
it from Sigma or United States Biochemicals but for considerably more
(approx. $55 per gram vs. $7.50). Because of the amount we use, it would
be nice to get it for a reasonable price. Any ideas?

  Thanks in advance.