Thermostable RT

Michael Kertesz kertesz at micro.biol.ethz.ch
Wed Oct 11 18:18:24 EST 1995

In article <9510100052.AA24607 at ache.mad.adelaide.edu.au> rwallace at mad.adelaide.edu.au (Robyn Wallace) writes:

>Does anyone know where I can purchase a thermostable reverse transcriptase.

I asked this a week or two ago in this newsgroup, and got several useful
answers:

Perkin-Elmer make rTth DNA polymerase which is also a RT (and lets you do
one-pot RT-PCR).

Epicentre produce a thermostable RT called retrotherm

Chimerx Mol. Biol. Resources also produce a Tth III RT.

I haven't used any of these yet, but I'm about to start with the Perkin-Elmer
version. What nobody commented on was my other question - can one cycle with
thermostable RT's to increase the yield of cDNA from a rare transcript?

good luck!

Michael Kertesz

ETH-Microbiology,
ETH-Zentrum/LFV,