Cheap carbenicillin

Simon Dawson mbzspd at mbn1.biochem.nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Oct 12 08:33:52 EST 1995

Someone wrote a post about cheap carbenicillin? I seem to have lost it so I
will try and remember what they wrote.
How important is it to use that particular beta-lactam? Can you not use
methicillin for example as it is a whole lot cheaper. We use methicillin in
place of carbenicillin for some protocols involving E.coli and it works
fine. Might not work in your case I guess, but you might think about it.

                Simon.

--
Dr. Simon Dawson           TEL:+44 (0)115 9249924 ex. 44789
Dept. of Biochemistry      FAX:+44 (0)115 9422225
Queens Medical Centre      Email:Simon.Dawson at .nott.ac.uk
Clifton Boulevard          URL: http://www.nott.ac.uk/~mbxspd/Simon.html
Nottingham
U.K.                       "Back off man, I'm a scientist!" - Bill Murray.