Commercial source of cre protein

Chris Boyd chrisb at hgu.mrc.ac.uk
Thu Oct 12 08:45:11 EST 1995

John Dixon (jpcd0 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk) wrote:
: In article <jpcd0-3009951443500001 at macr1-1.welc.cam.ac.uk>,
: jpcd0 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk (John Dixon) wrote:

: > >
: > > Can anyone tell me where I can buy some recombinant cre protein?
: > >

: In case anybody else out there is looking for cre too, I have located a
: supplier, thanks to a tip from Owen Hughes MIT (Thanks!).

: Novagen sell the stuff (Northumbria Biologicals here in Blighty).

WARNING: We have had two batches of cre from UK distributors of Novagen
products.  Neither worked at all satisfactorily in our hands.  I have
heard a similar story from colleagues in two other institutes.  It
seems there are no reliable commercial sources of cre protein.

Best wishes,

--
Chris Boyd          | from,  \MRC Human Genetics Unit / Western General Hospital
chrisb at hgu.mrc.ac.uk| not for \        Crewe Road / Edinburgh EH4 2XU / Scotland