Restriction mapping software ??

Anderas Becker becker at ps1515.chemie.uni-marburg.de
Fri Oct 13 15:12:21 EST 1995

In article <45hp97$9u6 at vixen.cso.uiuc.edu>, osadjan at ux4.cso.uiuc.edu (Mark Darrin Osadjan) says:

>Help!  I am attempting to restriction map a relatively large number
>of recombinant lambda phage DNAs.  Has anyone come across a good
>software package(s) to handle the analysis end of such a project?
>I have been trying to do this manually and find it difficult (or
>impossible) to reliably consider all the possibilities without
>losing my mind.  Any hints or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
>Post here or e-mail to osadjan at uiuc.edu.

If you have enough time it could be interesting:
We are offering a primer design program which already perform task like
finding repeats and unique sequences. Till begin of next month we think
that we could add a feature of finding of restriction sites as well as for
primer design and for any sequence.
It is shareware and realy inexpensive.

Try this URL:
http://www.chemie.uni-marburg.de/~becker/phhome.html

If you have suggestion what you expect tell us, too.

Andreas

Andreas Becker
Arbeitskreis Prof. Kadenbach, FB Chemie/Biochemie, Hans-
Meerwein-Strasse, Philipps-Universitaet, 35043 Marburg, Germany
Phone: privat +49 6421 47304  Labor +49 6421 28 -5721 Fax -2191
eMail: BECKER at ps1515.Chemie.Uni-Marburg.De
WWW  : http://www.chemie.uni-marburg.de/~becker