cyclophilin

Richard Rohan rrohan at world.std.com
Fri Oct 13 23:22:14 EST 1995

Milner and Sutcliffe (NAR 11:5497 1983) wrote "One class I clone, p1B15,"
(latter found to be cyclophilin) " has subsequently been used as a
hybridization probe with many other tissues (adrenal, spleen, testes, heart,
muscle, thymus, pituitary and intestine and various rodent cells inculture),
and its corresponding mRNA is found in approximately the same concentration
ineach of these cell types (data not shown)."  On the other hand, Jakubowski
et. al. (Endocrinology 128:2702-2708 1991) noted slight (less than two-fold)
changes in cyclophilin abundance in rat brain between 1 and 90 d.o.. Also,
cyclophilin expression in pig granulosa cells has been found to be regulated
by phorbol esters (Lahav et al. Biology of Reproduction 52:972 , 1995).

The bottom line, everything probably changes at some time or another.  Use an
external standard if you want to be absolutely positive.

Rich Rohan