ABI's Taq FS

Richard R. Hardy hardy at mighty.fccc.edu
Sat Oct 14 13:19:13 EST 1995

In article <45k6c3$ie1 at nntp3.u.washington.edu>, jason2 at u.washington.edu
(Jason Seto) wrote:

>Has anyone used the Taq FS from ABI and found they have not had to purify
>the sequenced product prior to electrophoresis on a 3373/377?
>Does the EtOH ppt step work, or do you lose the first few bases?
>or do people still use the spin columns to purify off the excess dyes,
>regardless of ABI's claims that you don't need this step with their new

We have been getting good results with the new Taq FS kit from ABI; we
compared sequences from the old kit (w/spin column) to that with new kit
(EtOH ppt) and got equivalent or (in most cases) better sequences on an
ABI 377.
Richard R. Hardy                       Member, Institute for Cancer Research
Fox Chase Cancer Center                Tel:    (215) 728-2463
7701 Burholme Ave.                     FAX:    (215) 728-2412
Philadelphia, PA 19111                 E-MAIL: R_HARDY at fccc.edu