identifying TF seq.'s in a promoter

Ron Herzig r-herzig at nwu.edu
Sat Oct 14 22:07:22 EST 1995

Bionetters,
	We have recently cloned a gene and its promoter.  Given today's
computer technologies, does anyone know a way to search the promoter
sequence for all potential consensus sequences it may contain using a
database of characterized transcription factors and the sites they bind.
It would be necessary to allow for a few mismatches as well.  Any suggestions
would be appreciated.  Please include enough detail for me to figure out
exactly what you're recommending.  Please respond by e-mail if at all possible.
	Thank you in advance.

Ron Herzig
Northwestern University, Evanston, IL.   USA
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology
r-herzig at nwu.edu