Qiagen extraction column

Armin Sepp Armin.Sepp at bbsrc.ac.uk
Tue Oct 17 04:39:23 EST 1995

brauns at rpi.edu (Sarah Tamara Braun) wrote:
>In Article <Pine.LNX.3.91.951016105433.2533A-100000 at kb.usm.my>,
>microlab at KB.USM.MY (Makmal Mikrobiologi) wrote:
>>Greeting to all netters,
>>
>>We had just bought the qiagenestraction system and I was told by a fellow
>>researcher in the next lab that there was a discussion on the re-using of
>>Qiagen column in the net recently (which I missed). Can anyone out there
>>please advice us on how to re-use the column or direct me to any access
>>in these matter.
>>

>Also, in the same vein, has anyone who recycles columns used the
>purified plasmid (from a recycled column) for sequencing?

There was indeed such a discussion. Christian at cve at ifm.mh-hannover.de let us
knoe that he has been using the following protocol for regenearating Qiagen
columns (DEAE on silica) without signs of cross-contamination:
1) push the column dry with the elution buffer
2) store in 70% EtOH
3) autoclave
4) dry at 37 C
--
* Armin Sepp, PhD           \                                    *
* Department of Immunology   \     "Every little helps." (Tesco) *