Transient transfection

Caroline CYCS at MUSICA.McGill.CA
Tue Oct 17 22:54:35 EST 1995

Hi!

   I'm having a lot of trouble with my transient transfection of NIH-3T3
cells using calcium phosphate precipitation.  I'm trying to do luciferase
assay to study a promoter.  I been trying transfection using the positive
control (Pomoter vector from promega) and a beta-galactosidase gene
(lacZ-III) and got neither luciferase or galactosidase activity detected.
I heard that NIH-3T3 cells are a pain in the ... to transiently
transfect.  If any of you can give me a magic protocol or any suggestion
for transient transfection, let me know.

Thank you very much
Caroline
E-mail: CYCS at MUSICA.McGILL.CA