E. Coli Transformation

Margon Vandongen vando005 at mc.duke.edu
Wed Oct 18 13:50:56 EST 1995

Steve

I assume you grow your plasmidpreps in ampicillin also? My guess
would be it could be some mold or yeast contamination although
most of the time this has slower growth. The funny smell could be
an indication of this. In the case of circular plasmid, it transforms
much better than your contamination or ligated products. Have
you tried to phenol chloroform your reaction and precipitate
and then transform? It might be in your plasmidprep, plates or
ligationbuffer and ligase. I hope this helps, good luck

Margon