Size-Fractionation of DNA

"Marianne Leverone ", BIO leverone at CHUMA.CAS.USF.EDU
Wed Oct 18 07:48:28 EST 1995

Bob:  I have used a CL-4B column to remove RNA from plasmid preps and the
method worked well with high yields.  I don't know about the size limits of
this matrix.  Look in a catalogue that sells the stuff and it will tell
you what sizes of DNA that can be isolated.  I always thought that it
could not be used to size fractionate DNA, say for producing a library,
because the plasmid isolation was based on the plasmid not getting
trapped in the matrix but smaller, linear pieces did get trapped.  How
about it gang?  Does anyone else know?  Marianne Leverone, Biology Dept.,
Univ. of South FLorida, Tampa, FL.