Identifying a promoter: help!

martin LEACH leach at bu.edu
Wed Oct 18 16:48:30 EST 1995

do primer extension...see if you get an extension product that maps to the
region of dna you have isolated..

if so then transfect your piece.

Martin

Giorgio Spagnol (spagnol at galactica.it) wrote:
: Dear fellow netters,
: I screened a genomic library by PCR with the intent to clone a gene
: promoter. The DNA segment I cloned does not contain a clear cut TATA box
: nor a CAAAT sequence.
: I guess I should consult a computer-based database to see if some
: consensus for transcription factor or DNA binding protein is present, in
: order to educately guess (or exclude) that the cloned DNA is indeed a
: regulatory gene segment and proceed with transfection trials.
: I'm new to this field, so any suggestion would be most welcome.
: I thank you anticipately.
: Giorgio

.....          Martin Leach                Email:leach at bu.edu
 _/  |-/__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)