Need some different 6X Loading Buffers

simon day sday at med.cam.ac.uk
Fri Oct 20 07:48:51 EST 1995

In article <DGAwqw.7oA at world.std.com>, oravaxcm at world.std.com (Charles A
Miller) wrote:

> I would like to collect some alternative recipes for 6X loading buffers
for running DNA on Agarose Gels. I recently tried a greenish buffer that
came with some PCR markers that a friend ordered. This buffer did not show
up under the UV light (the blue dye we use DOES show up).

> If anyone has any "recipes" for different buffers could you please send
them my way? Oh yeah, the company we ordered the primers from doesn't sell
the buffers in their catalog...

> thanks!
>
> Chuck Miller
> email: oravaxcm at world.std.com

hi Chuck,

The recipe that i use in the lab is as follows:

0.1 M EDTA
20% Ficoll 400 (from Pharmacia)
0.1% Bromophenol Blue

word of warning:The ficoll takes ages to dissolve if added to cold solutions
so if you heat the edta and bromophenol blue on a stirrer prior to adding
the ficoll it dissolves much quicker and easier

hope this is of some use

simon day

--
SIMON DAY