Problems with Promega pGEM T-vector

Simon Dawson mbzspd at granby.nott.ac.uk
Tue Oct 24 12:30:01 EST 1995

Oivind,
       We have used the Promega kit in the past and it worked fine. I take
it your are using their ligase buffer/ligase ?? Have you checked the
control insert is actually present? If you did everything the way the kit
suggests, I would talk to Promega and get a new kit/your money back. That
would be easiest and save you time. We use our own 'T-vector' in the lab
now. It's awesome, extremely cheap to make and virtually
'idiot-proof'....thats why I can do it!
  If you want a reference for the home-made method we use, drop me a line
and I'll email you one (it's a Word document but I can send it as plain
text if thats better).

          Simon.

--
Dr. Simon Dawson           TEL:+44 (0)115 9249924 ex. 44789
Dept. of Biochemistry      FAX:+44 (0)115 9422225
Queens Medical Centre      Email:Simon.Dawson at .nott.ac.uk
Clifton Boulevard          URL: http://www.nott.ac.uk/~mbxspd/Simon.html
Nottingham
U.K.                       "Back off man, I'm a scientist!" - Bill Murray.