help with silver stain

CK Wen cwen at
Wed Oct 25 09:25:41 EST 1995

The streaks on your gel is probably caused by un-denatured proteins or
other particles which trap some material which can be separated by the
electric field and stained by silver.  For the high back ground, I would
suggest you not to stain the second time. Usually, sfter the first
ing, the signal is good enough, especially you already got yellwo
background.  As my experiences, once you got a background, this
background will be more intense during a short period which you transfer
the gel to acetic acid for stopping staining.  When I got a yellow
background, I always stop staining, and the background will be yellow to

best wishes,