Help with UV Shadowing requested

ik103 at hermes.cam.ac.uk ik103 at hermes.cam.ac.uk
Thu Oct 26 04:45:00 EST 1995

In article <46lt28$n57 at taco.cc.ncsu.edu>, smlane at unity.ncsu.edu (Stephen
Marcus Lane) wrote:

> Hi, I'm a grad student in Biochemical Engineering here
> at NCSU, and I'm having real trouble getting a
> UV shadowing protocol to work.  I haven't been able
> to find much at all in the literature or protocol
> manuals on the technique.

Steve, several simple points-

1. Are you removing your gel from the gel-plates.

2. Are you using the TLC plate and not the spacers in the box between
gel-plates ( I have seen someone make this mistake!)

3. Why not try a film cassette screen: they fluoresece really nicely and
more evenly than our TLC plates.

4. Are you using the correct wavelength UV?

Hope this helps,
Ingrid