microwave and DNA

ynakao at kean.ucs.mun.ca ynakao at kean.ucs.mun.ca
Thu Oct 26 09:35:08 EST 1995

Hello, Netters

      For detecting viral DNA in the paraffin embedded samples, I am going
to extract DNA from the slice of samples. Though most of protocols use
xylene for removing paraffin, I found one method(1) using microwave in stead
of xylene. However, I am afraid of the effect of microwave irradiation for
the DNA. If you have an experience and/or information about it, please,
inform me.

(1) S.K. Banerjee et al. Microwave-Based DNA Extraction from Paraffin-
embedded Tissue for PCR Amplification. Biotechniques, 18, 768-773 (1995)

                   Thanks in advance,
                                       Yoshi